Biomass Processing Technician - PT
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $17.82 - $20.00 / hr based on qualifications
Operate and maintain heavy, motorized equipment used in earth moving, composting and fuel processing operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate a front-end loader or track loader (Bobcat) to move and manipulate organic materials. Attach implements to loaders to best handle differing materials.
- Operate a grinder to reduce products to optimal particle size for composting. Monitor, record, and adjust temperature and oxygen levels to achieve optimal composting conditions. Operate a compost turner to mix, aerate, and water materials for optimal composting conditions within windrows. Operate screener to produce a uniform and marketable finished product.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures safety devices are in working order on heavy equipment.
- High school graduate with math proficiency, along with course from the Midwestern Compost School or an equivalent class that includes best management practices for compost site operations with proof of a passing score on the proficiency test
- Experience operating all equipment relevant to the operation of an organics recycling facility including front-end loaders, skid steers, track loaders, grinders, mixers, screeners, tractors, and trucks
- Experience performing routine maintenance on heavy equipment including daily maintenance, walk-around check, etc. Mechanical background preferred but not required
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft software products
- Ability to speak and read English
- Good customer relation skills and ability to follow directions in a team environment.
Requires ability to lift up to 75 lbs
Outdoor / unsheltered work environment 20% of time - with adverse working conditions including heat, rain, cold, insects, dust, odors, etc.
This position will be a combination of first and second shift and will require some flexability. The hours will be between 8am - 8pm
This position will require the ability to operate heavy equipment, pay close attention to deail, determine proper mechanical equipment operation and work in outside weather conditions. Excellent customer service skills required.