DIGITAL PROGRAM MANAGER
DIGITAL PROGRAM MANAGER
Twin Cities PBS is a culture of creative minds on a common mission: working side-by-side in an open collaborative environment to create local events, interactive media, and innovative programming that impact our communities in Minnesota and around the nation.
Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is seeking a full-time Digital Program Manager to lead the effort to define, design, build, test, launch and maintain a digital education program for young children including approximately 16 interactive educational games, multiple websites, and a learning management system as a part of a new PBS multi-platform science and literacy series. This position must be based in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Manage external development partners to create, release and maintain: approximately 16 children’s educational games utilizing a variety of technical product(s) over multiple platforms; the design and customization of Learning Management System and program website(s). Direct the technical decisions and development to ensure product continuity and sustainability in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Write and distribute multiple Requests for Proposals (RFPs), identify potential partners, administer bidding process and drive contract negotiations and contracting.
- Create and manage work plans, determine timelines, milestones, standards and measurements to ensure all pieces of the work meet established objectives. Oversee and direct work of TPT staff, external partners and other project team members to ensure all work meets high standards for quality, is completed on time and within project budgets. Report the project status to stakeholders regularly.
- Guide UX / UI design work with external digital development partners, including user experience direction by gathering and documenting content requirements and functional specifications, working collaboratively with in-house game designer and external partners to set overall approach for project. Create (or direct the creation of) wireframes and functional prototypes as needed.
- Create test plans, complete user acceptance testing on products and services, identify areas for improvement and drive product improvements.
- Oversee established digital budget, including monthly forecast/actuals.
- Collaborate with broadcast producers, educational staff, research staff, and digital team in developing transmedia property on digital platforms. Set and monitor digital goals for the project.
- Work closely with PBS and PBS Kids when developing and deploying new content.
- Set and monitor digital goals, utilizing available analytics and working in close coordination with the educational content and research teams.
- Advise on important trends in digital culture, especially pertaining to children and families.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 5+ years of applicable digital technology and project management experience, including experience with digital products for young audiences, educational products (learning management systems, etc.) and mobile game production. Digital agency experience helpful.
- 3+ years of applicable experience creating user experience deliverables for a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability and success in product and program management, process improvement and innovation.
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks within time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skill.
- Exceptional detail orientation with specific attention to accuracy and quality service.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners in a friendly and professional manner.
If you have the necessary skills, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings to apply online.
Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.