6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
At Twin Cities PBS (TPT), we have a mission: to enrich lives and strengthen communities through the power of public media. So if you’re on a quest for impactful work and you strive to make a difference in your community through production, processes and resource management, we have a position that might be just right for you!
TPT is currently seeking a Production Manager responsible for providing timely and accurate financial reporting, analysis and assistance on production needs. This position also partners with a production team to lead operational planning & logistical support for productions and projects that result in deliverables being completed on budget, on time, and with successful outcomes.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Create and manage detailed project management plans, including production calendars, and secures production resources that meet union requirements and ensures all multimedia deliverables successfully meet clients, partners and funders satisfaction.
- Create and manage project bids that support partner expectations, TPT pricing practices and revenue expectations.
- Identifies key partners, including cross-cultural leaders, for the purpose of providing program support that insures multi-lingual content addresses cultural context, linguistic, and integration challenges for limited English and New Americans.
- Utilize budget templates and other tools & systems to accurately project, track, and report project data.
- Negotiate and manage contractor relationships and ensure all contracts (including organized labor agreements) are observed and complied with by TPT and contractors.
- Regularly partners with project/ production teams and the Finance department to produce timely and accurate project reporting and participates in audits as needed.
- Monthly project forecasts, portfolio review of variances with management.
- Quarterly / annually reviews the roll up projects.
- Ensures project elements are acquired and edited to create finished programs meeting editorial guidelines and partner / funder requirements.
- Schedules technical staff and facilities based on project needs, budgets, union rules, and Xytech system requirements.
- Monitor project plans and activities to help ensure compliance with all funder / grantor requirements.
- Provide information to supervisors about rights and talent payment issues.
- Oversee collection of all rights documents for proper project archival.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred in finance, production management or relevant field.
- 2-5 years in television production management and/or accounting.
- Bi/Multi-lingual – Able to read, write and speak English as well as one other native language preferred.
- Successful ability to build and maintain cross-cultural community partnerships and relationships.
- Strong respectful communicator and problem-solver.
- Proficient in Excel, FileMaker Pro and other databases.
- Exceptional detail orientation with specific attention to data accuracy and quality service.
- Proven project management and budgetary skills.
- Experience with Great Plains and Adaptive Insights preferred.
- Ability to work independently, be organized, establish priorities and manage time effectively.
- Successfully and consistently meet all deadlines.
- Ability to work for sustained periods at computer work station.
- Must be available to work weekdays, some evenings and weekends as needed, in support of major activities.
- Access to reliable transportation for community events.
If you have the necessary skills, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/ to apply online.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.