Inginaire is looking for a Machine Designer to work for our client in Bloomington, MN. The ideal candidate will have current working knowledge of SolidWorks to develop designs and concepts for complex production machinery and components, ensuring the equipment meets facilities manufacturing standards and functions efficiently.
- Design custom automation equipment and systems through the application of engineering analysis and tools.
- Participate on cross-functional teams with other engineering disciplines and project management to develop innovative and feasible designs.
- Evaluate performance of new or existing equipment and initiate steps to modify or improve.
- Assist in the development of equipment costs and design hours for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Provide ownership of mechanical project elements through; Concept, design, detailing, build support, and startup phases ensuring the successful conclusion.
- Minimum Five (5) years of machine design experience
- Proficient in SolidWorks modeling
- Experience with SolidWorks EPDM a must
- Experience in the design, drafting, and detailing of custom, complex production machinery
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes from raw material through finished product
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills, maintaining effective working relationships with manufacturing and engineering personnel, as well as vendor relations
- Current working knowledge of purchased automation components
- Experience preparing engineering documentation; such as multi-level bills of materials
- Current working knowledge of Solidworks 2011 (Minimum 2,000 hours)
- Current working knowledge of AutoCAD, DWG Editor
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret pneumatic schematics
- Demonstrated ability to research and download drawing via the internet
- Degree in a related engineering or design field
- Knowledge of web handling and processing
- Knowledge of chemical handling and dispensing
- Knowledge GD&T