Building Maintenance / Engineer Technician III
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Echo Ridge is seeking a Building Engineer. The typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm, but this person is also part of an on call rotation with four other east metro PHS Communities requiring being on call one week out of every eight weeks.
Echo Ridge is a small team consistently of The Housing Director, the Engineer, a part time Chaplain and a Housekeeper. Because of this, the Engineer is responsible for overseeing and managing the total physical operation of the building including all activities related to the maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds. This requires a high level of competency and accountability for the day to day physical operations of the building, the ability to prioritize work and a willingness to respond accordingly.
About this Community
1033 Gershwin Avenue N
Oakdale, MN 55128
Perched atop a gentle hillside in the St. Paul suburb of Oakdale, sits the warm and inviting Senior community of Echo Ridge. Consisting of 100 apartments, Echo Ridge is part of Presbyterian Homes & Services which serves seniors in a variety of living and service settings throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
The Engineer is responsible for creating a safe and secure environment by maintaining the buildings, grounds, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner, consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices. Additionally- the Engineer must:
- Enjoy working with the senior population
- Be a self starter and independently motivated
- Able to work professionally with outside vendors
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Install appliance and equipment
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, repairing toilets, minor sheet rock repair.
- Engage outside vendors when needed and manage the bid and billing process as well as the follow up
- Demonstrated ability to perform Level III core competencies specific to job as defined by site requirements.
- Able to work independently, multi task, follow directions and work under supervision.
- Relate well and provide a professional image and services to all customers.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.