Principal Engineer - Personal Communications
JOIN US AS A PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS PRINCIPAL ENGINEERTarget is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “brick-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future. You should join our team. We're the team that enables end to end voice technologies at Target. These technologies enable us to deliver great service to our Guests in our contact centers, enable our Store Team Members to communicate effectively, and our Headquarters Team Members to communicate and collaborate quickly. We are reshaping voice technologies in retail, providing tools for our contact centers to service Guest quickly, and enabling new technologies. This is a great opportunity to shape our future and strategy. You should join our dynamic team! Here's a smattering of approaches important to us:
- Contact Center/Service Center Technologies used by our Retail and Credit Card Guests. We want to remove as much friction and provide the best platform possible to service our Guests quickly and effectively.
- We are going to reshape what voice technologies mean for a retail store. We want to provide our Stores Team Members with the best, easiest to use tools at a scale not seen before.
- Our voice platform goes beyond just the telephone. We believe voice will be one of most used user interfaces. This means you will get to shape the future on how our application development teams use voice as an interface.
- We are building voice platforms, not just building solutions. We are not talking about technology solutions but business enablers.
- We aspire to be cutting edge for voice technology. Our current infrastructure is modern, scalable, and extendable. We need the right person to listen to our business and share a vision of how voice fits in their business is ways they could never imagine.
- We care about stability, supportability, and resiliency, but not to the point where it hurts our ability to innovate.
- We partner with our vendor partners and drive change.
- Help shape the future of Contact Center/Service Center offerings and extend non-voice channels such as SMS.
- Be part of a highly collaborative team
- High interaction with Target's personal communications team and customers
- Empowerment to make decisions and to bring innovative ideas to the table
- Have the ability to shape the future of voice in a Retail environment.
- Define and deliver new solutions reshaping our retail voice interface.
- Have a chance to learn our business, how they use voice services, and advocate change.
- Collaborate with other principle engineers across the Target Connectivity Services and Portfolio teams to ensure Personal Communications is delivering a voice platform that meets the needs of the company and our Guests.
- Design and implement enhancements to our Personal Communications platforms, this can include implementing new solutions and clients, improving our Personal Communications platform architecture, improving our monitoring capabilities, and developing open source based solutions of our own.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues.
- Help drive adoption of new voice technologies within the team and across Target.
- Build prototypes to prove out concepts.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 10+ years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art voice and contact center engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Experience with Large scale global contact centers, Large scale global voice deployments, collaborations technologies, SIP, SBCs, IVR technologies, CTI technologies
- Experience Linux, PostgreSQL DB, Voice Search, Text to Speech, Speech Recognition, Extending voice and contact center infrastructure via API
- Experience with Push to Talk (PTT) technologies including Walkie Talkie, Unicast, and Multicast solutions
- Innovative mindset - willingness to push new ideas into the company
- Highly productive, self-starter and self-motivated
- Passionate about staying current with new and evolving voice technologies
- Passionate about mentoring others
- Ability and desire to mentor engineers on our team, and our partner teams
- Mix of platform engineering and application enablement skillset