7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Staffing Solutions is partnering with a leader in the commercial spray gun industry located in Plymouth, MN. We are seeking a Production Trainer on a 1st shift for this exciting opportunity! Compensation for the Production Trainer is $16.90 - $20.48 per hour.
- Provides training to assemblers on the proper techniques needed for accurate and efficient mechanical assembly.
- Performs subassembly, final assembly and packaging on electric and gasoline powered piston drive units and highly diversified and complex units.
- May perform more or less complex assembly jobs within the cell due to business need or employee absences.
- Operates a variety of shop machinery and hand-held tools such as presses, custom tooling, air drivers and torque wrenches to complete work orders.
- Provides back-up Group Lead coverage when needed.
- Completes daily process control charts and scrap and reject forms and enters data into ERP system.
- Identifies assembly errors by completing functional testing. Improves assembly quality through analysis of reworked units and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least three years of related experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, assembly aids, blue prints and diagrams, and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of and skill using Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
- Ability to perform simple and complex repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the standard methods used to pack and unpack materials and supplies from trucks, containers and racking/shelving.
- Ability to listen and be aware of production floor activity to support a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.
- Knowledge of Lean and Kaizan methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate, and enforce operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Post-secondary education in electronics or hydraulics or related field preferred.
- Criminal background check and drug screen.
To apply for the Team Leader role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Team Leader position, please call or text our Twin Cities North Metro in Brooklyn Park at 952-835-8883