7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Staffing Solutions is partnering with a leader in the commercial spray gun industry located in Plymouth, MN. We are seeking Grinding Operators on a 1st shift for these exciting temporary-to-hire opportunities! Compensation for the Grinding Operators starts at $13.12 per hour.
- Operates one or more grinding or centerless machines to grind external cylindrical or tapered surfaces of workpieces to blueprint specifications.
- Operates precision grinding machines with special indexing equipment.
- Reads blueprints and job orders for product specifications, and interprets machining instructions to determine grinding and sequence of operations.
- Dresses wheel to specifications using dressing devices.
- Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers and other precision gauges.
- Starts machine and monitors functional operation to qualify functionality.
- Adjust as needed to maintain conformance to part specifications.
- Positions and secures workpiece on mandrel between centers or in chuck.
- Manually adjusts machine controls to index workpiece and feeds wheel to workpiece, adjusting depth of cut in part by sight and feel while holding tolerances of +/-0.0001”.
Grinding Operator Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preferred; post-secondary education in a technical field also preferred. Must have at least 6 months of related experience operating grinding equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, blueprints and drawings and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen effectively and be aware of production floor activity to support safe and hazard free working environment.
- Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments and other interactions that may impact pre-established courses of action for completing projects and assignments.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or varying shifts as requested in order to maintain adequate coverage during hours of operation.
- Knowledge of Lean and Kaizan methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate, and enforce operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance standards.
- Ability to set-up and operate Royal Mater Centerless Grinders.
- Must pass criminal background and drug screen.
To apply for the Team Leader role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Team Leader position, please call or text our Twin Cities North Metro in Brooklyn Park at 952-835-8883
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app