Mental Health Professional I - ACT Homeless Team
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
People Incorporated serves people with mental illness in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metro area. In 2016, we reached 12,000 individuals through more than 60 different programs. Helping people with mental illness requires great flexibility and creativity. That's why we start with the person first...developing innovative, effective services that provide the care, resources, and connections that will help each person in the best way possible. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
We are seeking a full-time Mental Health Professional I in the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Homeless Team. Our ACT program assists long-term homeless adults who have a serious and persistent mental illness. Our clients are referred to the program from staff at shelters by People Incorporated's street outreach team, other outreach workers in Hennepin County, and community agencies.
The mental health professional is one team member of 14 serving a program of approximately 80 clients with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI) and dual disorders (MI/CD) that are homeless. Each team member has a caseload of approximately 8-10 primary clients but the staff person must be familiar with and available to all the clients. The Mental Health Professional I must be prepared to provide direction, education and feedback to peers regarding clinical mental health interventions as it relates to client care. Responsibilities include:
- Acting as the primary therapist on the team
- Collaborating with the Team Lead to give clinical guidance to team members
- Developing a therapeutic alliance with clients
- Conducting comprehensive assessments
- Creating individualized treatment plans
Services provided in the program are in the community. Staff are mobile and driving is a requirement as part of this program. Hours for the position are Monday - Friday, for 40 hours starting and ending between 8:00am - 4:30pm (one day a week may be 10:30a-7pm).
- Master's degree in human service field
- 2000 hours of experience in the provision of services to persons with mental illness
- Current and valid professional license in the state of Minnesota: LICSW, LMFT, LPCC, or LP
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing, CBT, crisis intervention, DBT, trauma-informed care, and psychiatric rehabilitation
- Experience leading groups and completing diagnostic assessments
People Incorporated offers a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay and four weeks of paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veterans or other status unrelated to job qualifications.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.