Machinist - Midnight Shift
Job Details Description
Essential Job Functions
- Operate and maintain lathes, drill presses, milling machines, grinders, CNC Machines and other common machine equipment.
- Follow prints, sketches, instructions and procedures to ensure quality and accuracy of fabrication and specifications.
- Assist R&D Department, as needed.
- Report any production problems to Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Operate, maintain, and repair Pneumatic and Measuring equipment.
- Operate forklifts, jib cranes and overhead cranes.
- Follow instructions using SP’s, SWI, SJPs and TWI Breakdowns, as applicable.
- Problem solving and finding solutions.
- Perform work in a Safe Manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor, in other areas of production as needed and qualified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level
- Knowledgeable in areas of machining, blueprint and technical reading required
- General knowledge of the various metals
- Detail orientated, precise and accurate
- Mechanical aptitude with strong initiative
- Communicate, in English, effectively both orally and written
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions, be a team player.
- Basic math skills, read tape measures, calipers, micrometers and other measuring tools
- Experience working with CNC machines, lathes, mills, and other shop equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 50-75lbs. consistently, bend, stand, twist, pull, and push heavy objects.
- Ability to lift overhead and pull product from low standing areas and stand on concrete for long periods of time.
- Computer skills needed for programming.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment written math test, physical, drug and background test.