7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Staffing Solutions in partnership with our client, a leading food processor and distributor in Gaylord, MN is currently interviewing for a Safety Assistant. This position is a direct hire with the client company. Initial screening is through Doherty Staffing Solutions. The Safety Assistant provides clerical support to the HR Department and is responsible for assisting with training and orientation sessions as well as written materials review. SAFETY ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and analyze data such as, safety inspections, exposure level testing, injuries, safety incentive program, SDS program, etc.
- Perform safety audits and inspections as directed by the safety manager.
- Assist with investigation of unsafe acts/conditions, ergonomic incidents, and injuries.
- Promote and ensure health and wellness through health fairs, education and training.
- Coordinate committee meetings- such as safety committee, ergonomics team, first responder team and haz-mat team among others.
- Educate and communicate safety to employees through group meetings, conferences, orientations, newsletter, etc.
SAFETY ASSISTANT REQUIREMENTS · A minimum of 2 years' experience in a related field (i.e. general safety, HR, business, etc.). · Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. · Ability to work well with all levels (be a team player). · Strong attention to detail.
CONTACT To submit yourself as a candidate or to inquire about the Safety Assistant position, please contact the Doherty Office at 952.562.1033 to learn more about this or other opportunities click the link: http://www.dohertystaffing.com/jobs/jobs #officecareer Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app