Sr Production Designer
PRIMARY FUNCTIONResponsible for extending design programs for packaging, in-store signing and other marketing channels for Target's portfolio of exclusive brands, while maintaining consistent brand standards, with a high taste level and standard of creativity.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Motivated self-starter who loves to problem solve and operates effectively in ambiguity.
- Collaborates with creative and marketing teams on development of design programs, layout revisions and toolkit development.
- Specifies details of packaging layouts and rules for execution, including messaging hierarchy, branding elements, typography, photography and illustration.
- Executes projects by designing and overseeing production details, with internal and external partners, including separators and vendors.
- Creates presentations, boards and other materials that will be leveraged for presentation to senior leadership.
- Organizes and plans details for multiple projects in order to meet project deadlines. Integrates and balances big picture with day to day work.
- Works closely with the separator partners and execution teams to create print ready mechanical files. Ensures quality of work and accuracy of work.
- Stays up to date on emerging trends, innovation and advancements in fields of branding, design and packaging.
- Works closely with art directors, copywriters, production artists, print production, project management, creative resource buyers and marketing.
- Possesses technical illustration and basic photo retouching skills.
- Ability to extend detailed concepts across multiple formats, forms and proportions of scale.
- Strong organizational and project tracking skills as well as asset management.
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent.
- Solid use of MAC computer programs: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Portfolio of samples demonstrating Target brand expectations.
- 3-5 years experience.
- Possesses fundamental design skills with the ability to receive and interpret design direction. Has strong attention to detail.
- Makes timely and quick decisions in order to meet project deadlines
- Possesses excellent problem solving, critical thinking, presentation and communication skills.
- Has the desire and ability to learn quickly. Ability to establish rapport with peers.
- Flexible and open to change. Action oriented.