Sr Accountant, Accounts Payable
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
About this Opportunity
Responsible for overall accounting for Non-Merchandise expenses and payables including accruals.This includes monitoring completeness and accuracy of accruals and corrections.Responsible for monthly reporting and analysis as well as ad-hoc reporting and analysis for a variety of partners throughout Target.Responsible for understanding and executing domestic in transit accrual.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures Adherence to Technical Accounting Guidelines - Ensures processes properly reflect Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), GAAP, Financial Control Standards (FCS).Determines appropriate accounting treatment for special items.
- Accruals & Forecasting: Responsible for various non-merchandise accruals for expenses throughout the company.Develops effective and efficient processes to create accurate forecasts and accruals including purchases of product and services.
- Thinks strategically by developing new procedures to accommodate growth and challenge existing procedures to develop more efficient processes. Understands how changes in the business environment affect the non-merchandise expense team and designs and implements process changes to more efficiently operate in the new environment.
- Ad-hoc Research and Report Preparation: Compiles accounts payable data on a case by case basis to various partners within Target, ensuring the reports are understandable and clear.Advises partners on the data elements they need for their analysis and if unable to pull data, works with other area within Target to gather the necessary data.
- Special Projects:Proactive in initiating and carrying out special projects to resolve vendor, process, or department issues.Proactively contributes knowledge and recommendations on improving processes, quality and operations.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of GAAP related property, equipment and knowledge of sales/use tax regulations
- Strong PC and mainframe systems experience and report writing aptitude
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, organization and analytical skills
- Excel macros knowledge