Presbyterian Homes & Services, Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington, is seeking a Fitness Instructor for its team. This position serves residents at our Independent Living - SummerHouse of Bloomington community location, as well as our full continuum Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington community. There are currently four scheduled hours per week available, with the ability to increase hours serving as a personal trainer.
Our PHS Fitness Team strives to foster an engaging physical fitness experience that promotes healthy living to those we serve.
About this Community
Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington
9889 Penn Avenue South
Bloomington, MN 55431
Readily recognizable by the striking clock tower facing Penn Avenue, the village-like setting of Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington continues to grow better with the years.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Bus route access
- Free fitness center access
- Discounted employee meals
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care, Transitional Care/Rehab
The Fitness Instructor conducts aquatic and dry-land classes for the seniors who are involved with the Fitness Center programs at assigned PHS sites. The Instructor works with the Regional Wellness Director to develop the curriculum and lesson plans necessary to ensure excellent classes are delivered to address the wellness objectives of the participants. Additional responsibilities include: ensuring the facilities and equipment are operating safely, maintaining high level of sanitation, and ensuring programs and services are being operated in accordance to appropriate policies and procedures as well as appropriate State and local regulations. The Instructor will provide direct "hands-on" services for the participants of the pools and fitness center.
- HIgh School graduate or equivalent. College degree in therapeutic recreation, physical therapy, exercise science, nutrition & fitness, or related field preferred.
- Current Red Cross certification in CPR, lifeguarding and First Aid.
- Fitness certification through ACSM, ACE, Senior Fitness Association or related group.
- Must have experience in conducting aquatic and dry-land fitness classes as required by the site
- Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with all staff, residents, families and public
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.