Maintenance Mechanic - Facilities
Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing maintenance service that supports the daily facility operation. Technician will assist Facility Managers, HVAC Mechanics, and contractors to ensure that preventive maintenance, repairs, and a wide range of facility operation activities are completed that ensure reliability and customer satisfaction.
- 6+ months of Facility Operations experience
- Experience in a building operation/facility environment
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- Experience performing basic maintenance tasks on building equipment/systems
- Experience utilizing computer applications and personal computer
- Boilers license (Special or higher), or working on obtaining
- Valid driver's license
- Perform preventive maintenance on basic facility equipment/systems (lighting, air/water filter changes, faucets, sinks, toilets, kitchen equipment)
- Perform inspections on safety equipment (eyewash, fire extinguishers, waste/recycling, lights, tanks, doors)
- Perform general building maintenance tasks - painting/patching, floor repair (carpet, vinyl base, etc), ceiling tile, room/event setups, transport materials - pallets/carts, etc
- Provide on-site assistance to maintenance contractors, escort/access
- Utilize computerized work order system for receiving and completing tasks
- Communicate effectively with customers and Facilities staff
- Proper use and maintenance of hand and power tools, other equipment, while maintaining a clean work area
- Prompt, courteous response utilizing radios/pagers for communication
- Adhere to operational policies and procedures, meet all safety requirements.
- Perform additional duties as requested to ensure the continued effective and efficient operation of facility systems.
- EPA refrigeration “universal certification”
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, shop drawings, and schematics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Work may be performed in confined space(s), in restricted position(s), or with exposure to temperature/weather extremes. This work will follow established safe work procedures.
- Duties involve frequent exposure to noise, dirt, odors, or similarly unpleasant surroundings.
- Work involves physical exertion in the transporting of various materials or equipment.
- Work may require sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Work involves climbing and/or use of ladders.