Minneapolis Energy Center
NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE ENGINEER DUTIES
- Observe and comply with all safety requirements.
- Review and become familiar with the Main Plant, standby plants and remote plants And distribution system.
- Safely and efficiently operate boilers, chillers and auxiliary equipment. Place in service primary and auxiliary equipment for proper operation of the plant take the necessary steps to protect personnel & equipment from harm in the event of an emergency situation.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on plant equipment as directed.
- Complete all necessary logs, records, maintenance documentation and plant paperwork as required.
- See that all work stations are maintained in good order.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Management (i.e., facility cleaning, customer meter reading, etc.)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of steady work experience, working with steam and chilled water equipment, steam turbines and water pumps.
- Must have or must get within two years a State of Minnesota First Class “A” Operating Engineer’s License.
- Knowledge and experience in working with steam and chilled water equipment, steam turbines and water pumps.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse climate conditions