Pricing & Promo Strategy Lead
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A PRICING AND PROMO STRATEGY & PLANNING LEADS - FOOD AND BEVERAGEPRIMARY FUNCTIONPricing & Promo Strategy & Planning Leads are primarily responsible for developing enterprise wide pricing and promotion strategies with merchants impacting millions of dollars within the enterprise Pricing and Promotions Center of Excellence. Pricing strategies affect everyday retails, promotional effectiveness, clearance management and competitive pricing. This position focuses on leading promotional offer strategy and effectiveness. The Price & Promo Strategy & Planning Lead is a key business consultant to merchants developing relationships with Buyers, Sr. Buyers, and Divisionals. There is also a strong partnership with Marketing to bring offers to life for the Guest, as well as partnership with Store Operations, Finance and other important support areas. Use your skills, experience and creativity to develop groundbreaking innovation and set visionary goals. As a Pricing & Promo Strategy & Planning Lead, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop pricing & promotion strategies and plans that will result in optimal financial outcomes and support broader price perception objectives for Target. Refine strategies based on market conditions and business performance.
- Learn and clearly understand merchant businesses, strategies, and objectives; supporting them as a consultant in their pursuit.
- Develop division-specific financial goals and objectives for key initiatives—measure performance of tactical efforts and report results.
- Interpret financial and operational performance to identify business risks and opportunities.
- Coordinate cross-functional reviews and supports new and on-going initiatives.
- Develop process improvements using strategic problem-solving skills.
- Use strong critical thinking and communication skills to educate merchants and other key partners and influence pricing decisions.
- Drive collaborative dialogue and processes between Merchants, Marketing and the Pricing and Promo COE.
- Lead key captainships and mentor team members within pricing.
- Take an active role in training other Target Team Members (MP, Target.Com, MPD, etc.) on pricing & promotion tools and strategies.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 4-5 years previous merchandising experience
- Experience leading complex projects and enterprise strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maximize relationships
- Excellent communication, influencing, and leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organizational skills
- Grocery business experience (buyer, operations, pricing)
- Previous work in pricing or promotions analysis