Housekeeping Services Assistant - Part Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services has been serving older adults since 1955 and is a leader in the industry. As one of the fastest growing non-profit older adult services organizations in the nation, we are mission driven and faith based.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry. Because of this we are committed to creating an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. Our employees work together to create great living environments and provide high-quality, high-touch and compassionate services for older adults so that they may live vibrantly in their sunset years.
If you have a passion to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults and are looking to work with a talented, fun and committed team, please consider joining our staff at Norris Square and help us make a difference in the lives of the older adults we serve. With over 6000 employees company wide (and growing) - you are sure to find a home with us - now and far into the future!
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Norris Square in Cottage Grove is currently looking for a Part Time Housekeeper. The schedule is 5 days a week for 4 hours a day; Sunday, Monday,Thursday, Friday Saturday. There is opportunity to pick up additional hours when coverage is needed.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
About this Community
Norris Square is located at 8200 Hadley Avenue South Cottage Grove, MN 55016
The close-knit and expanding community at Norris Square will create abundant opportunities for you. Experience the positive impact of the caring and compassionate culture of employees and residents. As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as: - Underground heated parking for overnight staff - Discounted employee meals - Free Fitness Center - Backyard patio and fire pit for BBQ's in the summer This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Enhanced Assisted Living
The housekeeping services staff is responsible for maintaining and assuring uncompromising levels of cleanliness in work areas, buildings and grounds. The housekeeping services staff is responsible for maintaining an attractive and comfortable home in an environment consistent with regulations and established policies and procedures.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• General cleaning, floor care, washing, sanitizing, polishing furniture/fixtures, waste removal, stocking supplies, cleaning windows, collecting laundry from resident rooms and designated areas, sorting, labeling, washing, drying and distributing linens, and resident personal clothing per assigned schedule, ironing articles as required, inspecting laundry and linen, informing supervisor of replacement needs for communication with residents/families, and other duties as assigned.
• Ensure that housekeeping and laundry supplies are replenished in work areas.
• Ensure that equipment, tools, and supplies are cleaned and properly stored at the end of each shift.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, coworkers, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to take direction, prioritize duties, and organize work with others.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.