Temporary Talent Management Coordinator
Temporary Talent Management Coordinator
2 weeks ago
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 010032
Department/Unit Human Resources - Business Affairs
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Temporary Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible No
Special Instructions Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Temporary Talent Management Coordinator position within the Office of Human Resources.
The Talent Management Coordinator plays a vital role in supporting the day-to-day activities of the overall university-wide talent management function, which includes talent acquisition and student employment. A variety of tasks include, but are not limited to: posting jobs, auditing external job board postings, navigating and utilizing a variety of systems (Banner, iCIMS, MurphyOnline, Orange Tree), managing open requisitions in the talent management system, assisting the Manager of Talent Acquisition in completing aspects of the search and selection process, providing new hires with the appropriate online onboarding materials, creating and proofreading training guides and materials, assisting with system testing, troubleshooting, and participating in team meetings. This position utilizes multiple and varying systems, applications, and processes.
This position works closely with internal clients and external vendors to ensure accurate and timely actions; establishes effective communications and working relationships; and initiates timely and effective onboarding.
Job posting management:
- Monitor student postings and follow up with hiring official on postings when appropriate, providing assistance and next steps in closing the requisition if the job has been filled.
- Monitor adjunct postings and follow up with hiring official on postings when appropriate, providing assistance and next steps in closing the requisition if the job has been filled.
- Post staff and faculty jobs, appropriately scheduling jobs for internal and external advertising.
- Work with external job posting sites and vendor to ensure staff and faculty jobs are advertised in the correct standard sites. Audit external advertising ads as needed.
- Gather quotes for external and industry specific job postings, as requested by hiring officials, and work with third party posting vendor to get approved postings advertised.
- Monitor and audit external advertising, working with vendor and hiring official to resolve any issues.
- Save a print screen of all faculty postings on day one of posting and day 30 of posting for potential foreign national hire.
- Support Manager of Talent Acquisition in the administrative tasks associated with open requisitions in the Talent Management System.
- When directed, move candidates through workflow, send system emails, update job postings.
- Use Employee Action Form to send identified new hires the appropriate Online Onboarding tasks via the Talent Management System.
- Support Student Employment and Talent Management Specialist by monitoring incoming student employment postings for errors and insufficient job descriptions, working with the hiring official to resolve issues.
Talent Management System:
- Set up users as needed; create hiring officials and search committee members within the system and grant access to jobs as necessary.
- Notify users of their access with appropriate email template.
- As needed, run reports for student employment, staff, and faculty job postings, gathering and researching data for use by Manager of Talent Acquisition, Student Employment and Talent Management Specialist, and Senior HR Business Partners.
- Monitor data analytics for external job postings.
Other duties as assigned:
- Respond to inquiries from hiring officials, search committee members, student employees, applicants, and interested candidates or appropriately direct message to Manager of Talent Acquisition and Student Employment and Talent Management Specialist.
- Assist Talent Management Team in preparation and execution of New Employee Orientation.
- As directed, update and create user guides, training materials, and hiring resources.
This is a temporary position, working approximately 40 hours a week Monday through Friday, with an expected duration of three (3) months, depending on business needs. This position is not eligible for the full University of St. Thomas benefits package.
High school education or equivalent, plus 2-4 years of related support experience, ideally in human resources, recruitment, staffing or employment services. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. BA/BS with background in staffing/recruitment, Human Resources or a related field preferred. Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems a plus.
Knowledge of: understanding and application of various complex systems/programs, policies and procedures related to the Human Resources department; correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation; techniques for dealing with the public, in person and over the telephone; computer applications related to the work; office practices and procedures.
Skill in: navigating multiple computer systems and applications, handling a variety of customer inquiries while maintaining a positive and professional attitude, determining the nature of inquiry or visit and recommend appropriate actions or solutions; retrieving data and running reports; critical thinking, active listening and excellent verbal and written communication to interpret data and solve complex problems; ability to multi-task; determine work priorities; excellent management and organizational skills; operating standard office equipment; reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures; understanding and following oral and written directions; dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone; ability to work on and manage several projects simultaneously, balance priorities, and meet deadlines; contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and distractions. Skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than "Jobs at St. Thomas", the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Special Instructions to Candidates
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.