Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $15.83 - $17.81 / hr based on qualifications
Assumes the role of "Communications Coordinator" in all events, including emergency situations. Receives complaints/requests for assistance from other departments, guests or outside agencies via radio and telephone and assigns or advises Security personnel as needed. Monitors all non-gaming areas, inside and outside, including all businesses and properties within SMSC to provide asset protection, prevention of illegal activities, and the safety of guests and team members through the use of closed-circuit television (CCTV) and the Telex Radio Communication Channels. Monitors alarms, life safety systems and maintains logs of communication transmissions. Initiates incident reports and records activity of Security, law enforcement, Public Safety, guests and team members. Becomes part of the Emergency Operations Center during large scale emergency events.
- Receives and disseminates telephone and radio communications relative to any and all activities occurring within the SMSC GE and Community Properties. Monitors and maintains fire panels, Crisis Alert system, C-Cure, fire door alarms, and panic alarms. Maintains accurate records and logs of radio transmissions, telephone calls, and other pertinent information related to Security, Surveillance, Public Safety, law enforcement response and the dispatch center via iTrak. Reviews, captures, saves and attaches photos and video files for documentation and for aid in subsequent criminal prosecution.
- Monitors CCTV coverage of all non-gaming areas, including all businesses and properties within SMSC to provide asset-protection, prevention of illegal activity, and the safety of guests and team members. Performs surveillance coverage following established procedures and acts in accordance to regulatory compliance through the monitoring and reporting of Title 31.
- Assumes "Emergency Communications Center" responsibilities during all emergency situations. Performs emergency notifications to affected team members, Public Safety, law enforcement and upper management as directed.
- Reviews surveillance footage and recreates incidents.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Any combination of post-secondary education/certifications in law enforcement, military or security fields and/or related experience to equal one year.
- Must be able to pass a math skills test and reading comprehension test.
- Successful completion of an eight week training program in the dispatch center.
- Ability to pass Emergency Fire Panel Test within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to pass a test of the casino's policies and procedures, to include MICS.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail software.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Strong ability to communicate and comprehend information and ideas in spoken and written English so others will understand.
- Ability to prioritize several incidences (tasks) simultaneously in stressful situations.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in stressful situations, utilizing rational thinking and decision making.
- General working environment temperature is maintained at a lower than standard office temperature due to electronic equipment temperature requirements in the shared workplace. Position requires the Team Member to view cathode ray tube (CRT) screens for extended periods.
- In medical emergencies, may be required to carry equipment in excess of fifty pounds and assist in removing or carrying team members or guests from hazardous areas. Must also be able to perform CPR for two minutes on victims of all sizes.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.