Title: EHS Manager
Reports To: Plant Manager
Supervises: No supervisory responsibilities
Works with and through management to identify, develop, implement and manage health, safety, and environmental programs and initiatives for plant operations. Responsible for promoting a safe, incident free work environment and ensuring compliance with governmental regulatory agencies. Formulate policies and procedures, develop goals and metrics, monitor potential environmental releases, communicate hazards and recommend controls. Participate in incident investigations, develop/coordinate and supervise training programs, and be responsible for environmental permitting.
Essential job functions:
- Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including OSHA, MPCA, NFPA, NEC, and EPA.
- Conducts post-accident investigations and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measure where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Develop, evaluate and upgrade of safety programs.
- Train and educate employees in job safety awareness, health hazards and teach them methods of reducing and/or eliminating those hazards.
- Set up and conduct safety training for MnSP contractors.
- Coordinate Safety Committee by scheduling and organizing meeting to keep committees members focused on the issues assigned to them. Document progress and communications as needed.
- Maintains safety files and records with system to produce safety records and documentation required by the company, state and federal regulations. Conduct reviews to ensure systems are being used and effective.
- Maintain compliance for environmental laws and regulations associated with, but not limited to; hazardous waste, storm water, Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), wastewater, Clean Air Act (CAA), and Oil Pollution Act (OPA).
- Lead efforts to continually improve the processes and implement procedures that improve safety, environment and compliance management.
- Facilitate relationships with local regulatory personnel and agencies. Meet with enforcement personnel when they inspect the facility. Provide compliance information and respond to any concerns.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and compliance with safety requirements at all times.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as determined by management necessary to meet business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, but BS Degree desired
- Completion of OSHA General Industry 30-hour and 24 HAZWOPER courses
- Minimum 3-5 years in an EHS experience in an industrial setting
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations for air, water, and solid wastes
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA 30, NEC, and EPA regulations
- Process Safety Management (PSM) experience
- Facility response plan experience
- Demonstrated influential leadership skills
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills as well as ability to adapt and learn in a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability so speak in front of groups and communicate sensitive matters with senior management, maintaining confidentiality from others.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat, climb, kneel, sit, stand, walk, handle objects, reach above shoulder level, use fine finger movements, and push/pull
- Walking of two or more miles per day
- Ability to occasionally crawl
- Ability to frequently carry/lift light to moderate loads of 25-50 lbs. and occasionally carry/lift over 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs and ladders and operate equipment needed to inspect facilities
- Exposed to excessive noise
- Works around moving machinery
- Work on or around high structures, in confined spaces, and marked changes in temperatures
- Occasionally exposed to dust, chemicals and fumes;
- Drive motorized equipment
- Work in confined quarters
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apply for EHS Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly