Lead Leadership Development Consultant
About This Opportunity
Target is looking for an experienced leadership development professional and thought leader to join our Leadership Development team. You will help develop senior Target leaders by designing and delivering strategic leadership development initiatives. The quality and availability of senior leadership talent is one of the most critical inputs to the continued success and growth of Target. Leadership Development provides centralized leadership development programs and resources to meet the leadership development needs of the organization. This is an individual contributor, senior practitioner role that requires close partnership with senior leaders and other leadership development professionals.
- Train and facilitate Leadership Development solutions for leaders across the enterprise, focusing on mid-level managers and senior leadership (3-4 levels below CEO) development.
- Utilize proven methodologies for performing needs assessments, designing curriculum, and developing courses in partnership with L&D design & operations.
- Leverage expertise and experience in Leadership Development and marry adult learning theory/research with the practical business needs of the organization.
- Collaborate with other leadership development practitioners, providing subject matter expertise in areas of content specialties.
- Maximize cross functional relationships and leverage the strengths of different areas to serve client needs. (HR, L&D, Talent Management, Business Intelligence, Business Leaders, etc.) Act as Project Manager to bring these different groups together to create effective products.
- Contribute to developing a learning culture by leveraging multiple disciplines such as surveys, assessments, employment brand, leadership and functional skills training. Partner with these teams in order to provide a total leadership development solution for clients.
- Measure and assess the impact of leadership development initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Resources management, Organizational Development or related field.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or Human Resources Development preferred.
- 8-10 years of work experience in the areas of management and leadership development, organization development, group facilitation, training and training design.
- Certifications and experience with assessment for development.
- Leadership curriculum development expertise.
- Experience in a business environment with the practical application of key leadership development, organization development and adult learning theories and models.
- Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Capable of facilitating and presenting in both large and small group settings.
- Strong consulting and client service skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, influencing without formal authority.
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Executive Development, Learning and Development Practitioner