Grant & Contract Specialist
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Grant & Contract Specialist
LOCATION: White Bear Lake, MN
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 27, 2017
Pheasants Forever, Inc is seeking individuals with the talent, passion and desire to promote and grow the Nation's leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF), with Quail Forever (QF), has over 700 chapters, 149,000 members and over a $75 million annual budget.
The Contract Specialist works as a member of PF/QF’s project implementation team to develop and administer government grant funded projects. The position collaborates with project managers and administrators to deliver mission outcomes while meeting the expectations of the organization’s funding partners. The position provides expertise on project onboarding and procurement and is the primary subject matter expert for compliance with grants standards and policies.
- Review and approve grant agreements for compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Develop requests for proposal, review vendor bids, and issue task orders.
- Provide internal expertise in procurement and sourcing. Assist in the development of training and reference materials for internal clients.
- Assist with grant-funded project administration including subaward development, subrecipient monitoring, periodic reporting, and audit preparation.
- Monitor and enforce report and invoice deadlines to meet funders’ expectations.
- Work closely with project managers and administrators in the field and government agency personnel to coordinate grant implementation activities.
- Familiarity with requests for proposals, vendor selection/oversight, and task orders.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team with remote members.
- Ability to effectively communicate and to provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Training or experience with Uniform Administrative Requirements for Federal Awards and/or Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Experience with land acquisitions and project stewardship.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (business, finance, or accounting preferred) and one year of direct experience with government grants and contracts. Three years’ experience in contracting not directly related to the position or a graduate degree in a business-related field may be substituted for direct experience.
STARTING PAY RATE: $45,000 - $55,000 annually
To Apply: Visit our Recruitment website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs .
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please include your cover letter, resume and 3 references as 1 Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Pheasants Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled