Presbyterian Homes & Services - Summerwood of Chanhassen is seeking a Fitness Instructor for its team. The current opportunity includes part time, four hours per week.
About this Community
SummerWood of Chanhassen
525 Lake Drive
Chanhassen, MN 55317
Located across from the renowned Chanhassen Dinner Theater, with convenient access to Highways 5 and 101, SummerWood of Chanhassen brings city life irresistibly close to home. With outdoor walking trails and a pedestrian-friendly retail area, it's a setting you'll find ideal.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Southwest Transit line access
- Off-street parking
- Discounted employee meals
- Free fitness center
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living Memory Care
The Fitness Instructor conducts aquatic and dry-land classes for the seniors who are involved with the Fitness Center programs at assigned PHS sites. The Instructor works with the Regional Wellness Director to develop the curriculum and lesson plans necessary to ensure excellent classes are delivered to address the wellness objectives of the participants. Additional responsibilities include: ensuring the facilities and equipment are operating safely, maintaining high level of sanitation, and ensuring programs and services are being operated in accordance to appropriate policies and procedures as well as appropriate State and local regulations. The Instructor will provide direct "hands-on" services for the participants of the pools and fitness center.
- HIgh School graduate or equivalent. College degree in therapeutic recreation, physical therapy, exercise science, nutrition & fitness, or related field preferred.
- Current Red Cross certification in CPR, lifeguarding and First Aid.
- Fitness certification through ACSM, ACE, Senior Fitness Association or related group.
- Must have experience in conducting aquatic and dry-land fitness classes as required by the site
- Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with all staff, residents, families and public
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.