Benefits & Compensation Manager
JOB TITLE: #1070 Benefits & Compensation Manager
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center, 345 Kellogg Blvd W, St Paul, MN 55102-1906
SALARY: $4,505.00 monthly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (2,088 annual hours) position.
CLASSIFICATION: 18K Supervisory
HIRING MANAGER: Director, Human Resources, Volunteers & Interns
POSTING DATE: October 12, 2017
DEADLINE DATE: October 26, 2017
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants for a Benefits & Compensation Manager to lead the development, implementation and administration of benefits and compensation programs, policies and procedures. This position will manage all benefit functions, including the group insurance program (health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment), pre-tax expense accounts (Medical/Dental and Dependent Care), health & wellness initiatives, retirement program, workers’ compensation, leaves of absence and other general MNHS employee benefits. This position will also manage compensation functions including job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design and relevant compensation analysis.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) manage the group insurance program (health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment), pre-tax expense accounts (Medical/Dental and Dependent Care), health & wellness initiatives and general benefits including vacation, sick leave, sick leave fund, holidays and the employee assistance program (LifeMatters); 2) manage the compensation administration program including job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design, and relevant compensation analysis; 3) manage other benefits related programs including group and supplemental retirement, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation and OSHA reporting; 4) develop and manage program area long-term strategies and work plans for the administration of the benefit and compensation programs; and 5) provide overall direction for hiring, training, supervision, and motivation for assigned staff, interns, and volunteers, and ensure overall compliance with MNHS policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or closely related field plus six years program experience in human resources administration or equivalent OR an advanced degree plus five years program experience or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of benefits and compensation administration.
- At least three years overseeing a benefits and/or compensation team.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to areas of responsibility.
- Advanced knowledge of job evaluation systems and the ability to apply job evaluation analysis within the State of Minnesota’s classification and job evaluation system.
- Exceptional organization skills with strong attention to detail, follow-up and problem resolution.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relationships with MNHS managers, staff members, professional peers and general public.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a multicultural setting and a deep commitment to supporting and promoting diversity.
- Well-developed writing skills, mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Flexibility to adapting to changing deadlines, schedules, priorities and unpredictable events.
- Limited travel within the state of Minnesota.
- At least three years of experience in a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of benefits and compensation trends.
- Extensive knowledge of database management, word processing applications and spreadsheets.
- Experience working with a Human Resources Information System, preferably ADP’s Workforce Now.
- Ability to extract data from system records and prepare summary reports.
- Ability to analyze personnel problems and recommend action to solve problems in a manner consistent with good personnel practice and the Society’s personnel policies and program priorities.
Should you have questions with the application process, e-mail email@example.com or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181. Applicants offered employment will be subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment. EEO