Line Lead A Shift Night
Doherty Staffing Solutions is partnering with a client in Shakopee, MN to place energetic Full Time Direct Hire Leads on all shifts! The pay range for this position in this growing environment is $16-19 per hour depending on qualifications.
SUMMARY - Work for a client that's rated a Top 20 Printer in the nation! Our client has extensive experience delivering solutions to reputable corporations. They produce in-store signage, promotional displays, fabric installations, window clings and much more, on virtually all substrates. Our client offers a great benefits package which includes; 2 weeks paid vacation, holiday pay, 401K, medical, dental and more!
LINE LEAD DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate proficiency in all General Worker duties and responsibilities.
- Utilize PSI to track Material Numbers, Purchase Orders, and other specific job information.
- Direct employees to finish kit while also reporting to Supervisor for next kitting assignment. This includes delegating duties to other employees on the line to ensure that the next kit is ready to run.
- Assign tasks to General Workers to help keep Line flowing, as well as help them advance.
- Make necessary adjustments during kitting process to keep lines moving as efficiently as possible without jeopardizing quality.
- Ensure accuracy and proficiency on their kitting line.
- Report to Supervisor if issues occur regarding temps or other employees.
- Respect and cooperate with individuals and assist others in reaching objectives.
- Instruct, coach and support personnel in performance of their job descriptions while running small kits.
LINE LEAD REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in kitting operations and/or equivalent experience in printing operations helpful.
- Basic mathematics skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers and fractions.
- Reliability though attendance, punctuality and attention to work station.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and organizational abilities.
- Ability to provide work direction to and train employees.
- Ability to efficiently schedule work through dept.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work well with both line employees and management.
- Ability to communicate/understand written as well as oral instructions.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Frequent standing, reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Ability to visually inspect work for defects.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to perform repetitive tasks.
To apply for the Line Lead role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Line Lead role position, please call or text our Twin Cities South Metro Branch in Edina office at 952-832-3577.