Social Media Specialist, Marketing Team
Social Media Specialist, Marketing Team
TPT is seeking a new Social Media Specialist for our Marketing Team. TPT is an organization that embraces a digital-first future in which audiences consume a variety of content on a slew of different platforms. Social media plays a critical role as an outlet for engaging new audiences, and in better understanding the stories and services they crave. We’re on a mission to tell the stories that matter and this role is key to that work!
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manages daily social media content for a variety of TPT brands; develops, schedules and tracks an ideal mix of content based on engagement and marketing objectives.
- Develops creative and innovative ways to engage new and existing audiences, and actively seeks new opportunities to accomplish a variety of marketing goals, including video views, website traffic, engagement and membership conversion.
- Writes engaging copy in brand-appropriate voices.
- Creates, manages and reports on comprehensive paid Facebook campaigns that effectively target content to the right audiences.
- Remains current on social media trends and best practices, paying special attention to changes that affect how media companies can use social networks, as well as new and emerging platforms.
- Develops, updates and “owns” social media editorial calendar based on marketing and organizational priorities.
- Leverages digital reporting tools to evaluate performance of all brand social platforms and extracts actionable insight to better drive organizational/brand goals.
- Monitors and tracks engagement and impact to support yearly reporting to the Legislature (on key brands) and across the organization, and manages weekly internal reporting to brand teams identifying trends and opportunities.
OTHER MARKETING DUTIES
- Creates occasional multimedia content for social platforms with Adobe Photoshop and other appropriate tools, in the style appropriate to each brand.
- Authors and/or collaborates on creation and delivery of communications, including blog posts, newsletters, promotional materials, signage, and giveaways.
- Attends some TPT-related events and acts as a TPT ambassador to engage audiences (occasional nights and weekends required).
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field.
- 3-5 years of applicable digital content and social media experience. Must have experience running social media for an established corporate or nonprofit brand.
- Experience creating editorial calendars for social media content and campaigns; experience working with social media management tools (Sprout Social, Spredfast, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, etc.).
- Keen ability to market a variety of content, with an innate sense of how to position social content for optimal engagement.
- Highly analytical, quantitative, strategic thinker, who is also nimble and creative. Ability to think critically and incorporate data and testing into project decisions. Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work cross-functionally with different departments and personalities. Must be comfortable with fast-moving organizational culture.
- Experience working with analytics tools and software packages required.
- Supportive and collaborative team player.
- Entrepreneurial instincts and hands-on attitude. Eye for the big picture, but also an enjoyment of hands-on, day-to-day operations. Creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience working with WordPress (HTML skills are an added bonus) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Interest in a wide variety of topics such as public affairs, the arts, history, etc., as well as the ability to become a subject matter expert with relative agility.
- Experience in the media industry a plus.
Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran /
If you have the necessary skills, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/ to apply online.