General Maintenance Technician
About Colliers International
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) is an industry-leading global real estate services company with 15,000 skilled professionals operating in 68 countries. With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership, Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
Colliers professionals think differently, share great ideas and offer thoughtful and innovative advice that help clients accelerate their success. Colliers has been ranked among the top 100 global outsourcing firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals for 12 consecutive years, more than any other real estate services firm.
We are seeking a General Maintenance Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will perform a variety of semi-skilled work in the maintenance of property portfolios and perform related duties as assigned.
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Maintenance and policing of exterior grounds.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, repairs and replaces broken windows.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs.
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete project.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
- Monthly inspection of fire pumps.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years' experience in an equivalent service, maintenance, and repair or similarly related company.
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with tenants and property management.
- Ability to communicate effectively is critical, both orally and in writing.
- Must have positive can-do attitude and pose the desire to succeed and grow in our environment.
- Able to work alone and/or work as a team player as directed.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- MN Driver's License.
Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.