About Colliers International
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) is an industry-leading global real estate services company with 15,000 skilled professionals operating in 68 countries. With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership, Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
Colliers professionals think differently, share great ideas and offer thoughtful and innovative advice that help clients accelerate their success. Colliers has been ranked among the top 100 global outsourcing firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals for 12 consecutive years, more than any other real estate services firm.
We are seeking a Plumber to join our team. The Plumber is responsible for planning, organizing, and performing work having to do with the installation, removal, alteration, or repair of plumbing and drainage systems or parts thereof.
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate effectively to customers regarding the decisions made and the progress of projects using phone calls, meetings, and other materials.
- Participates in periodic Company meetings to disseminate information, obtain feedback, identify and solve problems, and share other information.
- Keeps the Plumbing Department Manager apprised of the status of projects and key activities that he/she has been assigned to perform within the Department.
- Responsible for maintaining a productive work area, as well, as a clean and stocked vehicle, and continually looks for ways to improve productivity, better work flow, identify improved work methods, etc.
- Assists Plumbing Department Manager with strategic planning and budgeting for the Department that meets the Company's mission and goals while making full use of the Company's assets in achieving targeted earnings, sales, and profits.
- Ensures assigned Department projects are done as requested, and followed through with proper change orders, paperwork, etc.
- Resolves or minimizes any physical, mechanical, site problems, or work conditions regarding construction performed by the Department to the satisfaction of the clients, inspectors, and Company.
- Assists if needed, with the profitable estimation of job quotes within the Department.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timely submission of all time cards, requested reports and documents, that must be completed for the Department.
- Ensures that actual project performance is compared to the estimate on all projects in order to assess performance towards on-time and on-plan completion of projects.
- Follows the Company’s safety policies, OSHA standards, common safety practices, and use of protective equipment within the Department. Recommends changes as needed to update the Company’s Safety Program.
- Maintains current with technical aspects of the products and changes in the industry.
- Serves as a technical resource for the Company regarding materials, workflow, production processes, and equipment used in the assigned Department, Service Division, and Warehouse.
- Available, when possible, during day shifts, at night, and on weekends as a technical resource for problems or repairs within the Department and the Service Division.
- Fairly and consistently applies Company and personnel policies within the Department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of schooling in an accredited Plumbing or trade school or a mechanical degree
- Two or more years' experience as a licensed plumber with a plumbing contractor, construction, repair, service, or maintenance company.
- Ability to work on multiple construction projects may be required.
- Must be able to learn and understand the codes and rules of the plumbing industry as set forth by the Minnesota Health Department and the Minnesota Department of Labor, along with any and all city amendments relative to plumbing installations and repairs.
- Valid driver’s license, registered with The Minnesota Department of Labor as an apprentice or a licensed plumber
- Minnesota State Plumbing License; trade school certificate in related areas
- Possessing a Minneapolis/St. Paul Competency Card or a Backflow Rebuilder License would be considered an asset.
Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.