**$500 HIRING BONUS**
TITLE: Scheduling Operator
REPORTS TO: System Scheduling Supervisor
SUMMARY: Scheduling Operators help coordinate patients schedules in accordance with Provider and Clinic Hours.
- Seeks to understand and meet the needs of customers (patients, families, vendors, coworkers) through respectful, courteous and culturally sensitive interactions.
- Actively participates and works positively, flexibly and cooperatively in a patient care team within and across departments to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Demonstrates effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicates verbally and in writing with patients, coworkers, and the public.
- Knows, understands and adheres to organizational policy related to the patient’s rights for confidential care.
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Schedule appointments per scheduling policies/procedures.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into organization’s EMR.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization
- Act as a liaison for the patients and the organization by directly calls appropriately and using sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to a supervisor or triage nurse.
- Make calls to reschedule appointments when necessary.
- Provide assistance with mailings and other projects as call volume permits.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Works within the scope of the job description and job responsibilities with general direction provided by immediate supervisor.
This position does not contain any supervisory roles.
INFECTION CONTROL AND SAFETY PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITY
Understands and complies with universal precautions and right to know.
Understands and complies with hazardous waste precautions/handling as appropriate
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Fast paced work environment.
- May require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending, stretching.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds may be required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bilingual in Spanish/English STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, co-workers and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Skill and manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier,
- fax, and other equipment as necessary.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to handle a "call center" environment: work quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately.
High School or GED required. Associate's Degree or related healthcare certification preferred. One year of experience in customer service and/or related clinical environment; working knowledge of medical terminology.