Senior Desktop Support Specialist
Are you looking for a career that provides you with the resources to succeed, award winning tools and technology, and full confidence to know that you have a team who has your back? Guess what, you've found this with Plus Relocation.
Plus is driven to be the best relocation management company in the industry. We are committed to providing completely customised global mobility programs and flawless execution. Our game-changing, innovative approach has propelled us from a boutique firm, to a full-service global mobility powerhouse with offices located around the world. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with additional offices in London, Hong Kong, and Shanghai, our tri-regional model allows us to deliver seamless mobility services in more than 176 countries.
We invest in our employees by concentrating on continuous training, personal development, creating work-life balance, utilizing the Gallup Strengths Finder to explore individual strengths, and believe in creating opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
Plus is looking for a Senior Desktop Support Specialist to join our Technology team. Someone with at least 5 years of experience in technical and hands-on software support. An ideal candidate will possess skills in Microsoft Operating Systems, desktop/laptop, and peripheral hardware/infrastructure, along with innovative and strong problem solving skills. This role is to be worked in our Headquarter office in Minneapolis, and you would be working under the direction of our Network Systems and Security Manager.
If you are an experienced, passionate, and driven technology support professional, then we want to speak to you!
Senior Desktop Support Specialist Overview:
The Senior Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for all technical and hands-on hardware support services for Plus employees and contractors. The Specialist will oversee the configuration and re-purposing of all work stations, mobile devices, print management, telephony, and other systems.
What your day as a Senior Desktop Support Specialist looks like:
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting desktop computing hardware, peripherals and software, ensuring adherence to the terms of all license agreements
- Managing the technology request fulfillment and deactivation processes for desktop/laptop deployments and peripherals
- Creating, testing, deploying and maintaining desktop computer operating system images, software installation scripts, and associated documentation
- Logging, updating and closing incidents within the help desk system, contacting third-party service provider or application support partners as required
- Auditing desktop computing hardware and software and maintain accurate configuration data, complying with Plus asset life cycle procedures
- Supporting telephony, mobile configuration, wireless, access card, and other peripheral end-user systems
- Developing and maintain end-user deployment processes, pre-deployment checklist, and post-deployment testing processes
- Performing preventative maintenance tasks and monitor the performance of the desktop computing environment, taking remedial action as necessary
- Providing technical guidance and support to end users on the use of desktop computer software/applications and produce supporting user guides, cheat sheets, FAQ documentation
- Training staff either individually or in groups in the use of Plus desktop computing hardware and software such as Microsoft Office and other Plus-specific applications
- Developing desktop support technician resources, building strong processes and procedures and partnering in deployment and project work to help support resource development
- Updating and maintaining knowledge base and other support documentation
What you will bring to this position:
- Ability to respond resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities, and challenges
- Effective and proactive problem-solving skills
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Office 365, and related applications
- Advanced knowledge of desktop, laptop and peripheral hardware/infrastructure
- Administration experience of Google Apps, WebEx/Skype, Cisco AnyConnect VPN, and 2-factor authentication technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in desktop support and deployment
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification or equivalent required
- Experience working in a Microsoft Active Directory and Windows 7/10 environments preferred
- Familiarity with networking, security protocols, secure file sharing tools, and BitLocker encryption preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) – Productivity, Certification preferred
- College degree or equivalent technical experience
Why choose Plus Relocation?
Our vision, mission, and values says it all - we have the best employees who care and want to make a difference. Below are just a few additional perks of working at Plus:
- Use of Gallup Strengths Finder
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Salary
- Free Personal training (remote)
- Wellbeing Program
- Leadership Focused Development
- Travel and Life Insurance
- Supplementary Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
Want to learn more? Check us out at http://www.plusrelocation.com/careers/. We look forward to hearing from you!