Owners Site Representative
JOIN US AS AN OWNERS SITE REPRESENTATIVEAbout This OpportunityLeads the on-site construction team. Manages the site work and/or building construction and installation activities for certain assigned projects. Ensures timely project execution, manages project to highest quality standards, and meets the budget and scope criteria planned for each project under indirect supervision of a Sr Owners Site Representative. Facilitates open communications with Property Development and Store Operation teams. Implements strategies for best methods to ensure consistency. Orients each store management and Building Services team to their new building and delivers Construction Turnover Package. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the development of project plans, specifications, budget and schedule for all assigned projects.
- Assists the Target Project Manager in the selection of contractors and Gmax review.
- Ensures required approvals, permits and Certificate of Occupancy for the project. Maintains an on-site office and visits all assigned projects as required.
- Monitors construction budget and records for each project.
- Coordinates the contractors, suppliers and vendors.
- Assists in the resolution of contractual disputes and problems.
- Issues and reviews directives and change order proposals, and monitors timely response.
- Receive, review and approve applications for payment for site work and building construction. Assists each project manager in closeout of contracts.
- Ensures the contractors receive all construction materials, equipment and fixtures; inspect for damage; reconcile quantities received with purchase orders; and submit reports to Target Headquarters per established procedures.
- Manages contractors, vendors, and installers to ensure that the work is accurate, complete, in compliance with the plans, and meets quality standards. Inspects General Contractor Quality Control programs.
- Provides contractor, consultant and vendor performance feedback to appropriate HQ teams.
- Participate in the development of schedules. Manages all construction progress and directs corrective action as appropriate to ensure all work is finished within the Project Schedule as established by Project Team.
- Manages change, solves and/or communicates problems to the Project team, and answers questions or makes interpretations concerning the work in Target's best interest.
- Ensures construction punch lists are accurate, and the contractor aggressively manages their completion.
- Communicates open issues to project teams. Follows up to ensure prompt resolution.
- Provides construction Turnover Package to Store Operations and Building Services in accordance with Construction Division process for each site.
- Strong ability to interpret engineering documents, evaluate construction estimates, and prepare required construction reports, schedules, and other documents.
- Strong conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor people.
- Ability to implement new processes for improved productivity for field personnel.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office/Office 365 programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, OneDrive, Sharepoint), Skype for Business.
- Basic knowledge of construction-based project management software and smart phone/tablet applications (Plangrid, Procore, Trello, Slack, Kanban), Smartsheet.
- College degree in Construction Management/Engineering or comparable experience.
- Two years of on-site Construction Management experience.
- Requires near 100% travel.
- College degree or equivalent experience