Sr Product Guidance Researcher - Food & Beverage
JOIN US AS A SR PRODUCT GUIDANCE RESEARCHER Other industry titles: Consumer insights, sensory scientist, consumer research, market researchAbout this Opportunity:Join a team that is passionate about the products we develop to inspire and delight our Target guests. Strategically manage Product Guidance projects for Target's Owned Brand Food & Essentials products in support of key business needs. Consult with cross functional teams on research needs; recommend appropriate research methodology; and lead all aspects of research, including scoping, methodology design, recruiting, execution, synthesis & reporting. As a Sr. Product Guidance Researcher, you will:
- Provide expert guidance and recommendations to business & technical teams on guest and product research to inform & validate product development efforts. Recommend appropriate methodology and promote the use of guest & product research during all phases of product development.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative guest research & product (sensory) tests (including, but not limited to surveys, CLTs, IHUTs, intercepts, focus groups, interviews, co-creation sessions, mobile & online research), utilizing a variety of testing techniques. Analyze, interpret, and synthesize data to generate insights and recommendations aligned with corporate strategic directions; effectively communicate complex statistical & sensory concepts to business partners to influence key decisions.
- Ensure relevance and quality of insights through thoughtful assessment of risk, establishment of clear success criteria, and the use of methodology based on sound research principles and practices.
- Grow expertise by participating in continuing education opportunities & industry-specific forums; integrate acquired knowledge & innovative methodologies into the program's direction.
- Participate in and/or lead strategic initiatives across Product Guidance, and PD&D.
- Continue to advance your technical, leadership and business skills in our progressive retail business environment
- Thrive in our inclusive and vibrant culture that embraces diversity, reflects the values of our team members and guests, and supports the communities where we live
- Travel on a limited basis (less than 15% of time)Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. in Food Science, Sensory Science, Psychology, Marketing/Market Research or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Sensory Science/Consumer Research/Market Research; agency experience highly preferred
- Strong understanding of quantitative sensory and consumer research principles and methods; working knowledge of qualitative techniques. Demonstrated application of sensory science and consumer research to influence business decisions. Experience with both food and non-food products (personal care, household, paper goods, and/or apparel) desired.
- Strong understanding of statistical design and analysis, including advanced multivariate methods. Experience with TURF and conjoint methods desired. Demonstrated ability to apply the correct statistics to sensory & consumer research projects, and to analyze and interpret data using Excel, XLSTAT, or SAS.
- Experience with sensory testing software (such as Compusense or SIMS) desired
- Strong conceptual skills and the ability to translate concepts into research methodologies and tools
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize; strong project management skills and flexibility to adjust to changing priorities; strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately, with a track record of success in dealing effectively with complex projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively synthesize and communicate complex statistical and sensory concepts to cross functional partners