Food & Beverage Trend Researcher
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A FOOD & BEVERAGE TREND RESEARCHER Other similar titles: Trend Specialist, Trend DesignerAbout this Opportunity:Join a team that is passionate about the foods we develop to inspire and delight our Target guests. Utilize your passion for food and discovery to bring key trend insights to our product development team. Your ability to keep your finger on the pulse of all things trend & innovation and synthesize data into insights will influence our product strategy and development pipeline. Bring your design skills, curiosity, and storytelling expertise to our talented team of creative, culinary & scientific minds with visionary goals to lead the industry in best in class food product design and development.As a Food & Beverage Trend Researcher, you will:
- Research and track food & beverage macro and micro trends. Utilize a variety of techniques to bring insights & recommendations to life to influence merchants and product development.
- Utilize secondary research resources and insights partnerships to bring data and analytics to trend research. Integrate intuition & data from varied sources to identify key trends.
- Conduct deep-dive trend analyses into specific food & beverage categories, providing actionable recommendations to business and development teams.
- Keep current on newness and innovation within the food and broader retail space, tracking benchmarks & new companies, and communicating relevant information & trends to teams. Participate in trend immersions of local and regional markets, as needed.
- Stay abreast of shifts in consumer mindset and macro trends; collaborate with trend partners cross-company to ensure consistency and coordination of trend insights. Po
- Instill a passion for trends and exploration within the broader team through regular inspirational & informative trend communications, utilizing a variety of techniques.
- Provide design support for owned brand food & beverage projects, and complete other special projects in the competitive insights and trend space, as needed.
- Participate in consumer-centric innovation and pipeline development projects, as needed.
- Travel to key markets, trade shows and trend conferences (up to 10-20% travel)
- Continue to advance your design, leadership and business skills in our progressive retail business environment
- Thrive in our inclusive and vibrant culture that embraces diversity, reflects the values of our team members and guests, and supports the communities where we liveRequirements:
- 4 year degree; fields such as culinary/food, design, journalism, marketing or related are preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of trend/innovation/creative/design experience within a food, retail, or editorial environment
- Naturally curious with a clear passion for food and innovation; strong consumer orientation
- Skilled storyteller with demonstrated ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize a wide spectrum of data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with internal and external partners
- Computer design system skills, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience with design thinking, creative problem solving, and/or similar methodologies highly desired