Product Insights Researcher
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A PRODUCT INSIGHTS RESEARCHERThis position is responsible for conducting qualitative and exploratory research for Target's Owned Brand products in support of key business needs, across apparel, accessories, home, beauty, essentials, pets, and sporting goods. Includes working with cross functional teams on research needs; such as conducting qualitative product research, recruiting and screening participants, moderation, analysis and synthesis & deliverables. Work will span the entire product life cycle, from new product innovation and white space to ongoing product improvements and maintenance. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Product Insights Researcher, you'll take the lead as you…
- Gain empathetic insights from our guests through contextual methodologies such as ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, shop-alongs, diary studies, intercepts, focus groups, co-creation events, product usage tests, digital communities and mobile research.
- Conduct a thorough analysis and synthesis of data gleaned through observations and interviews to generate insights, recommendations and whitespace areas aligned with corporate strategic directions.
- Delivers findings to the team in a compelling, storytelling way - either via an executive report (including supplementary data, photos, and videos) and presentation to inspire the teams to active on the insights.
- Serve as the project leader on mid-sized projects for product teams (design, engineering) throughout the research project life cycle - recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating the entire process, facilitating research and post-research synthesis through analysis.
- 3-5 years in market/consumer/design research
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in a qualitative research-related field such as Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Design Research, market research or a related field
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong strategic and ideation facilitiation and group collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to cross functional partners
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable speaking to a diverse group of people and leading conversations to discover research insights.
- Ability to push yourself and your project team out of their comfort zone in a healthy manner.
- Strong observational, analysis and synthesis skills
- Strong ability to tell compelling stories from data.
- Comfortable within ambiguity with the ability to prioritize and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent project management skills - experience managing multiple projects at various stages in the project life cycle.
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick turn environment with capacity to juggle multiple priorities.Desired
- Expertise in qualitative and design thinking research methods and their application to product development, with expertise in at least one of the following areas: consumer package goods, apparel, home, hardlines or food.
- Expertise in video editing and visual storytelling