(Sr) Product Development Food Scientist
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A SR. FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST About this Opportunity:Join a team that is passionate about creating foods that inspire and delight our Target guests. Utilize your creativity, innovation, and technical expertise to develop innovative new products for our exclusive brand portfolios. Provide technical and design leadership to inform and influence product execution, quality, and value from concept to store shelves. Leverage your skills, experience, and passion for food to be a part of our talented team of culinary and scientific minds with visionary goals to lead the industry in best in class food product design and development. As a Sr. Food Product Development Scientist, you will:
- Collaborate within a cross functional team comprised of business, technical, regulatory, and marketing partners to inform and influence business strategy and achieve common goals
- Identify growth opportunities and build winning solutions for our guests.
- Ensure designs and product objectives supports merchants' category plans, assortment strategies, price point, and overall creative direction
- Manage projects from concept through commercialization in an agile and consumer centered speed to market process for a diverse assortment of Target brand products
- Partner with vendors in achieving product execution, and maintenance of design
- Lead on-going quality management initiatives in partnership with vendors and cross functional team
- Stay current on food trends and technical advances through research and engagement in the food industry and consumer marketplace; apply these insights to create compelling new products for our guestsYou will also:
- Travel to manufacturing facilities, food & trade shows and conferences
- Continue to advance your technical, leadership and business skills in our progressive retail business environment
- Thrive in our inclusive and vibrant culture that embraces diversity, reflects the values of our team members and guests, and supports the communities where we liveRequirements:
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Food Science, or directly related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of product development/ innovation experience within a food manufacturing, food service, or grocery retail environment.
- Product development experience with any of the following: refrigerated packaged meals, bakery and foodservice is desired
- Ideal candidates will be skilled in culinary design, early stage prototyping, and consumer centric agile development models.
- Experience working with contract manufacturers in the commercialization of products preferred
- Technical project management experience (3+ years)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with internal team members and external business partners
- Strong history of applying initiative, creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to achieve optimal food solutions