Lead Forecast Analyst - S&OP - Food
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Lead Forecast Engineer will deliver Sales and Operations Planning Forecasts, visibility/metrics/reporting and analytics programs in service of Target's inbound and outbound operational forecasts utilized for throughput and capacity planning. This role will design new statistical capabilities and predictive analytics required to enable world class forecast accuracy in specific lines of business to then scale across the organization.
This role will leverage analytical capabilities to build statistical/predictive models to gather, summarize, and analyze data which solve highly complex business problems. They will construct advanced data models used to predict future business outcomes, support process engineering/development, and drive decision-making on how to error-proof future process.
Through their work, they will design, build and deploy new standards and practices in statistical data modeling, big data mining, and machine-learning tools in support of Target's supply chain strategy.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for designing and deploying statistical and technology-based algorithmic solutions to create operational forecasts and improve forecast accuracy through Target's supply chain.
- Implement solutions in current and future business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics.
- Establish statistical foundation for operational planning to provide visibility and reporting on forecast accuracy across Target's supply chain.
- Design predictive programs (utilizing linear regression, logistic regression, probability theory, stochastic modeling, Monte Carlo methods, et al) to generate forecasts.
- Utilize data science and machine learning to invent and deploy data and statistical analysis, interpretation, reporting, and utilization across multiple business owners such as HQ, DC field teams, Direct to Guest, and Direct to Store business process teams, etc.
- Build root cause analysis reporting to provide specificity/detail in analytical output(s) to drive visibility and deep understanding of the problems/defects/action across core process teams and partners.
- Design user-friendly and drillable reporting for accuracy check points across each node through the value chain.
- Collaborate with enterprise data experts from business intelligence teams across the organization to seek, understand, validate, interpret, and correctly use new data elements
- Define and interpret problems and provides solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics.
- M.S. in math, advanced statistics, physics, bio statistics, bio science, operations research and/or computer science
- Experience with statistical analysis, multi-variant testing strategies and concepts, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, economic order quantity modeling, game theory and customer/product segmentation.
- 3+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Experience designing algorithms
- Experience creating and deploying solutions based upon big-data technologies and custom-created algorithms
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PH.D in math, advanced statistics, physics, bio statistics, bio science, operations research, computer science
- Experience writing SQL statements and developing code used to manage and summarize big data
- Experience in inventory control/quality assurance
- Experience in supply chain
- Experience in statistical program development and deployment
- Experience with regression methodologies and machine learning techniques