Humera is seeking a Planner/Buyer Supervisor for our fortune 500 client in Valencia, CA. Their mission is to provide our customers with solutions that improve people's lives, enhance equipment performance and protect the environment. They are also a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems and replacement parts.
- Evaluates data such as job orders, product specifications, operations sheets, materials inventory lists, etc. to establish efficient allocation and scheduling of parts, materials, machines, and sequences of operations and workflow
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Works with all plant departments to resolve problems affecting production schedules
- Conducts meetings in-person or on the phone with suppliers
- Provides information and instruction to department to ensure employees have information required to perform
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates
- Supervises cost reduction projects working with suppliers, engineering, production and Corporate to achieve results
- Handles errors and complaints by working with department and customer to ensure they are adjusted and resolved
- Establishes procedures for production control activities. Provides training to support established procedures
- Assigns duties and reviews works for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Assists with the development and management of departmental budgets
- Supervises members of the production control department including buyers, schedulers, and administrative support
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field is required.
- Five years production control/manufacturing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- APICS Certification preferred.