Sr. Augmented & Virtual Reality Engineer
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Sr. Augmented & Virtual Reality EngineerSimilar Industry Titles and Key Words: Senior Interactive Developer, Mobile Engineer, VR Engineer, Emerging Technology Software EngineerTarget is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future. The challenges and scale are big. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to a newly created team that designs, develops and supports innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies and capabilities. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment and you'll have the stability and the commitment of a Fortune 40 company at your back. Use your skills, experience and creativity to bring groundbreaking thinking and a visionary approach to our high performance team. As a Senior UI Engineer you will:Work in a dynamic and creative team responsible for exploring uncharted and rapidly evolving domains. You love the idea of starting a project where there's tons of ambiguity and “code talks.” You love to learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of XR problem solving. You will be developing innovative and visionary new applications using emerging new technologies such as 3D, voice and gestures. You have a strong understanding of the current state of application development and user experience. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building native mobile applications on iOS and/or Android
- Experience building XR experiences for ARKit, Vive, Daydream, Oculus, Gear VR, Hololens, Windows Mixed Reality, Playstation VR, and/or other major platforms with a portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills.
- Understanding of how XR can be applied in a variety of circumstances
- Strong understanding of UX design challenges and best practices with a passion for creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking user experiences.
- Experience collaborating with other engineers through direct communication, version control software (Git) and issue tracking (Jira)
- Strong generalist/hacker spirit who tinkers with various emerging technologies
- Amazing attention to detail, self-motivated and collaborative with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Enthusiasm for sharing your expertise and helping others to improve their skills.
- Experience releasing and maintaining iOS apps
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Game development experience
- Experience with 2d/3d motion tracking
- Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
- Experience with speech and language understanding systems