Design Engineer III
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Inginaire is looking for a Design Engineer for our customer located in Blaine, MN. Our client is a Fortune 250 leader in motion and control technologies who continuously engineers the success of its customer in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
- Develops conceptual and detailed product specifications by analyzing performance and customer requirements. Investigates design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency, and contractual requirements. May develop preliminary designs from customer input and descriptive information provided by others.
- Applies scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequence of design alternatives. Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision. Recommends product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards (e.g. failure analysis). May utilize and interpret predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts.
- Provides technical information for review with product engineering teams using established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports; may write technical responses or proposals for customers.
- Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements).
- Reviews product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
- Maintains and further develops professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Assigned to mentor new employees. May represents the company on specific projects or engineering tasks.
- Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in an engineering or science technical discipline.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 4-6 years of related experience.
- Has thorough knowledge of product area and domain and develops breadth of knowledge of industry practices, techniques, regulations, and policies.
- Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages. May require capability using specialized software applications or languages.
- Ability to apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Ability to work with general objectives regarding projects and team goals; applies judgment in selecting procedures and techniques that should be applied. Works collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Responsive to inquiries from other engineering and business teams.