We are seeking a Full-Time Lube Technician for our Reconditioning Center in South St. Paul! Schedule is M-F 2:00pm to 10:30pm.
The Lube Technician role at the Walser Automotive Group is the first step in our automotive technician career path. We understand that opportunity for growth and advancement is key to happy, successful employment. Walser offers training to get started in the lube technician role and will continue with trainings throughout the course of your career to encourage the growth and development of new skills. In the lube technician role, you will perform basic vehicle maintenance and repairs, while following standard operating procedures and safety guidelines. At the Walser Automotive Group, we pride ourselves in keeping our technicians competitive, up to date, and performing at a top level.
- Change Oil, filters, air filters and cabin air filters (if no physical alteration of the vehicle is required and the replacement of the filter would not require complex disassembly of the vehicle)
- Lubricate the chassis, body, front-end and drive train
- Check fluids
- Replace windshield wipers and batteries
- Perform inspections on Brakes, Hoses and Tires
- Check inflation of tires
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Document all work performed on the repair order
- Communicate with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Understand, keeps abreast of, and comply with federal, state and local regulations; such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Embrace and exhibit Walser CORE values
Do the Right Thing • Lead by Example • Display Positive Energy • Be Open Minded
- Proven experience working within a team environment
- Past experience working with a high level of urgency
- High level of detail orientation and accuracy
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Prior lube technician or automotive knowledge/experience is a plus
- Current student enrolled in an automotive technician program
WALSER TECHNICIAN BENEFITS AND EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Career Growth and promotion opportunities
- Employee Discounts on New/Used Vehicles, Service, and Parts
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Healthcare Benefits, 401k, Disability, Life Insurance, PTO, and Volunteer Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tool Reimbursement- up to $2,500!
- ASE Certification Reimbursement
- Ongoing training and development
- Union Advantages
- Benefit options available 1 month after hire date
- Members can take advantage of Union and Walser benefit options
- Great coverage and price for health care plans
- Job protection
Walser Automotive Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Walser Automotive Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.