Associate Buyer | Young Contemporary
- Employment Status
- Full Time
ASSOCIATE BUYER Key Responsibilities
- Assist buyer in system entry for item description and markdown updates
- Run reports to analyze weekly and monthly category selling
- Execute advertising plans and strategies for assigned product category including ad item selection, space allocation planning, pricing, ad volume forecasting and productivity analysis.
- Perform analysis of market trends, competition evaluation, assortment planning and coordination of pricing, advertising, and presentation for review by Buyer.
- Assist Buyer with guiding product development in partnership with product design and sourcing for assigned product category.
- Execute financial plan for assigned product category.
- Partner with cross-functional partners to manage communication with vendors for assigned product category to maximize sales and profit.
- Support buyers in their selection of item/assortment for assigned product category to support division and department merchandising strategies.
- A four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong financial, strategic and planning skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, and organization skills
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to developing an inclusive team
- A performance-driven individual who demonstrates strong initiative and has superior leadership skills
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas” that are constantly changing
- Team player, willing to pitch in and help wherever needed
- Positive attitude
- Able to multi task and work with many calendars and brands simultaneously
- Ability to jump in and buy a category right away
- 1+ years merchandising experience in a trend business
- Current or previous experience as an Associate Buyer
- Must have an eye for style, trend curve framework