Product Engineer - Essentials
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A PRODUCT ENGINEER - ESSENTIALS Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Mechanical Engineer, Design EngineerDevelops and executes the engineering and technical development process that ensures product adherence to defined quality standards established for specific Target owned brands. Under the overall direction of the Director, interprets designer's concepts and ushers product through its development lifecycle and provides technical product guidance to Design, Sourcing and Merchant Teams.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with suppliers, team members and CFTs
- Understands the business initiatives, product functional requirements and performance expectations to ensure consistency of product
- Understands their business's strategic initiatives and proactively works to implement supporting technical solutions
- Supports and is accountable for Technical Design/Engineering as part of a Cross Functional Team (including Design, Merchants and TSS) focused on taking owned brand products to appropriate levels of styles, quality and value
- Supports and is accountable for developing products that meet brand intent and quality
- Partner with Quality and Compliance Teams to understand performance testing protocols and develop product to meet those requirements
- Provide effective product technical specifications and product quality standards to include: raw materials, fit/function, construction details and product dimensions
- Partner with Target Sourcing Services (TSS) and vendors to ensure the brand vision is appropriately understood and executed
- Partner with vendors to identify and address manufacturing and quality issues and to co-develop products
- Appropriately leverages their knowledge and expertise to suggest COG, assembly, sustainability and other ROI improvements to their director and the broader CFT
- Is a committed team player who can be counted on to do their part and be relied on to work cooperatively with others
- Using product sketches and design models, develops detailed CAD files suitable for manufacturing.Research
- Understand benchmarks for specified product categories to continuously evaluate and compare Target products to that of the competition and ensure Target product meets or exceeds the a performance of the competitors' product
- Research and develop innovative product solutions that may include raw materials, constructions, manufacturing processes and technologies
- Remain current in industry-leading manufacturing practices and equipment advances within their category and related categories
- Understand and develop product quality standards by product type
- Strong understanding of core guest for their brand/category
- 4 year Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or product development related degree.
- 4-8 years' experience designing and engineering plastic parts
- Knowledge of testing, safety and legal requirements for consumer products.
- Knowledge of applicable raw materials and their performance and usage.
- Strong knowledge of various 2-D and/or 3-D CAD software packages (SOLIDWORKS preferred).
- Exhibits a working knowledge of product manufacturing.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment