Engineer - Automation of In-Store Checkout Infrastructure
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Windows Engineer, Wintel Engineer, Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Automation
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Our ideal new addition will have experience in infrastructure services, software development and/or application support, and can demonstrate a practical application of automating operational tasks though code.
As an Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Develop Automated Infrastructure Operations leveraging a deep understanding of scripting, coding and automation using one or more of the following: PowerShell, VBScript, Microsoft DSC, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Ruby, System Center Orchestrator, Service Management Automation, Azure Automation, or others
- Have familiarity with Agile Methodologies, SDLC, and best practices and use of source control and testing tools such as GIT, Artifactory, Jenkins, Drone, NuGet/Chocolatey, & Pester
- Microsoft Windows Server, RHEL, CentOS, SQL, PostgreSQL, KVM, Hyper-V, Python, Windows 7 & Windows 10.
- Motivated to write infra-code and dedicated to the Growth Mindset learning model.
- Confident positive attitude able while adapting to regular change
- Balance legacy Windows environment with Open Source tools and Operating Systems
- Bring a technology agnostic and open perspective in technical recommendations and decision making, being able to articulate and advocate for best technical solution that meets big picture business needs
- Manage servers using remote administration tools including Remote Desktop, WinRM, and PowerShell
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory objects, Windows Local Security settings, Group Policy Hierarchy, Policy and Preference settings
- Manage Windows security settings with tools like Resultant Set of Policies (RSOP) and command line tools like GPUpdate and GPReport
- Participate in construction activities ensuring architectural and operational requirements are met
- Utilize standard enterprise tools to develop or implement infrastructure hardware, software or other technical components
- Resolve hardware, operational, infrastructure and application incidents
- Drive problem root cause analysis through analysis of operating system and applications logs
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
- Collaborate with team to promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of platforms, applications and infrastructure services
- Gather business requirements and collaborate with partner teams to iteratively develop and implement solutions in an agile manner.
- Understand Agile Product Development using Scrum/Kanban methodologies and tools such as Jira
- Work with Information Security to analyze vulnerabilities and find the appropriate fixes
- Maintain and update Server platform documentation
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 0-3+ years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education