Presbyterian Homes & Services - Boutwells Landing, located in Oak Park Heights/Stillwater, MN, is seeking a Full Time Fitness Instructor for its team. This benefits-eligible position includes working weekday hours that may vary between 7:00AM – 5:00PM and occasional weekend hours. Travel to sites in the region is required about 50-75% of the time, including our sites in Hudson, WI and New Richmond, WI.
Certification as a Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer, with experience working with older adults or specialized populations, is preferred.
About this Community
5600 Norwich Parkway
Oak Park Heights, MN 55082
Boutwells Landing is over 100 acres in total, graced with ponds, walkways and rolling parkland for residents and employees to enjoy. Boutwells is a large community that offers the full continuum of care.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Off-street parking
- Discounted employee meals
- Free Fitness Center access
- On-site daycare
- On-site library to check out books
- Great employee events, like a staff only garage sale!
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care, Transitional Care/Rehab
The Fitness Instructor conducts aquatic and dry-land classes for the seniors who are involved with the Fitness Center programs at assigned PHS sites. The Instructor works with the Regional Wellness Director to develop the curriculum and lesson plans necessary to ensure excellent classes are delivered to address the wellness objectives of the participants. Additional responsibilities include: ensuring the facilities and equipment are operating safely, maintaining high level of sanitation, and ensuring programs and services are being operated in accordance to appropriate policies and procedures as well as appropriate State and local regulations. The Instructor will provide direct "hands-on" services for the participants of the pools and fitness center.
- HIgh School graduate or equivalent. College degree in therapeutic recreation, physical therapy, exercise science, nutrition & fitness, or related field preferred.
- Current Red Cross certification in CPR, lifeguarding and First Aid.
- Fitness certification through ACSM, ACE, Senior Fitness Association or related group.
- Must have experience in conducting aquatic and dry-land fitness classes as required by the site
- Must function independently, have personal integrity, have flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with all staff, residents, families and public
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.