OTR Truck Driver
OTR Truck Driver
Cargill Kitchen Solutions is a leading marketer of high value, further-processed egg products. With five processing facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan and Ontario, Cargill Kitchen Solutions’ customers include premier quick-service restaurant chains as well as food manufacturers. We are dedicated to providing our customers with innovative and distinctive solutions, including refrigerated and frozen liquid eggs, egg patties, omelets, French Toast, and diced and hard cook eggs.
As a Cargill Truck Driver, you will be assigned an over-the-road, national route where you will be servicing multiple customers. Departing on Sunday, drivers will be on the road through Thursday and have weekends at home. You can choose your route starting location. Route starting locations are at Rogers, MN and Des Moines, IA.
You will play a vital role in the success of a department and the entire operating unit. As a Cargill stakeholder, you will develop a deep understanding of production responsibilities, assess, and initiate opportunities for improvement. You will create and promote a team-building environment, which promotes customer and stakeholder enthusiasm. Additionally, you are responsible for executing safety initiatives and communicating safety awareness. This position will assure all HACCP's, OPRP's, and SOP's are executed as planned. This position will play a vital role in meeting business and departmental goals and milestones. Lastly, you will have the opportunity to focus on training and development to further your career with Cargill. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- 80% The safe operation of a company-owned tractor-trailer unit, product safety and personal safety while on the job, provide excellent customer service, complete necessary paperwork, load and unload trailer, and protecting all assigned operational equipment and protecting loads from product tampering.
- 10% Maintain adherence to all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- 10% This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined in the Food Safety Management
All job duties may be revised by the supervisor when necessary to accommodate business needs. The descriptions are general guidelines of expectations but may not include all responsibilities of the position.
Rate per mile will range from 41-44 cents per mile, depending on years of experience when hired.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa Sponsorship
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have 2 years of Class A driving experience OR 1 year of Class A driving experience plus Driver Education Certificate of Completion. Basic computer ability
- Must possess a current Class A, Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Must possess the tractor-trailer driving ability and skills to successfully complete a road test
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Previous Truck driver experience
- Work History in the Last 12 months