Inginaire is looking for a Machinist to work for our client, the global leader in motion and control technologies, located in Blaine, MN. This is a full-time and direct-hire opportunity!
- Creates instructions for machinists.
- Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints.
- Makes calculations for programming including where materials should be cut.
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program. Preferably using Edge Cam software.
- Communicates with engineers and operators who will use the programs.
- Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Prepares geometric layout of designs using proper software.
- Determines sequence of operations in a program.
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed.
- Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations.
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Simplifies tooling time for operators and increases productivity of the machine.
- Evaluates all completed programs to validate their functions.
- Monitors all programs to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
- Provides training for operators on program layout and set-up instructions.
- Know most/all G&M codes.
- Trouble shoot alarms/programs.
- Have knowledge of all machines in area & has operated most machines in area.
- Responsible for working safely and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintaining organization within the area.
- Responsible for being present during overtime situations.
- Ensure current day scheduled work is completed on time.
- Support facility productivity and quality goals. Basic machine maintenance (oil levels, coolant levels, greasing chucks).
- Fill all paperwork properly.
- High school diploma or GED
- Associates degree in CNC programming or equivalent experience 5 years + manufacturing experience
- Computer skills including CAM programing (preferably Edge CAM)
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Read inspection equipment (caliper, micrometer, indical, bore gauge)
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent problem solving and mathematical skills.
- Machining and assembly knowledge.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to trouble shoot.