Inginaire is looking for a Welder to work for our client, the global leader in motion and control technologies, located in Blaine, MN.
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Capable to plan work from drawings or specifications or use their knowledge of base metals to analyze the parts to be joined
- Capacity to comprehend and work from blueprints and written specifications
- Understand the welding properties of various kinds of metal
- Commonly lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements
- Select and set up welding equipment, execute the planned welds, and examine welds to ensure that they meet standards or specifications as well as examining the weld while they?re welding.
- Ability to compensate problems with welds through observation and by adjusting the speed, voltage, amperage, or feed of the rod.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of materials, especially steel
- Set up and program weld robots in various applications
- Capacity to step into position with confidence and weld with little training
- Applicants should have manual dexterity, good eyesight, and good hand-eye coordination
- Must also pass internal and government weld certifications
- Mechanical â€“ Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.