DevOps Engineer (Elastic - ELK, Jenkins, Puppet)
Dev Ops Engineer (Elasticsearch - ELK, Jenkins)
Data Recognition Corporation, Maple Grove, MN
This is a full-time regular employee role, not contract
Company cannot provide sponsorship for this position
No Agencies, Please
Summary: The DevOps engineer will have a shared responsibility for deploying and configuring software releases. This role will include fully automating the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management tasks. This individual will be working closely with development, SQA, and Corporate Technology groups to deploy software across all application deployment levels (Dev, SQA, Staging and Production). Need a solid team player and good oral and written communication skills.
5+ years experience of professional experience with Linux. CentOS Preferred.
- Strong Puppet Enterprise or Puppet Open Source experience.
- Strong Elasticsearch (ELK) setup and maintenance experience.
- Experience using DevOps and Automation tools to deploy, test, and support services in a CI/CD
- Experience in CI/CD Build Servers (Jenkins, TravisCI, Bamboo, TeamCity, etc)
- Familiarity developing in some languages such as: Java, Node.js, Groovy, Python, Ruby
- Experience with different data storage solutions such as: Elasticsearch or Dynamo, RDS
- Monitoring and Alerting tools (Splunk, Logstash, ELK)
- Familiarity with Open Source work management tools: JIRA, Jenkins, and Git
- Proven experience working in a team setting on large scale projects
- Proven experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- Ability to review and create technical design documentation
- Strong understanding of test driven development and testing concepts to participate in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and load testing
- Strong understanding of enterprise-class system concepts (Deployment, Performance, Scalability, Availability, and Security)
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- DevOps or Dev Ops or Dev-Ops experience
- Ability to provide some on call support if/when needed
- Environment deploy/orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Familiarity with fault tolerant message queuing/broker systems (Kafka, SQS, Kinesis)
- Microservices architecture experience a plus, not required
- Terraform experience a plus, not required
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Set and meet deadlines
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
- Ability to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hour periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer monitor, utilize a keyboard and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day
To apply to this position, please apply to this job board or see www.drccareers.com and use JOB ID 2296
Please, No Agencies
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V