High School Principal's Secretary
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Job Summary: High School Principal’s Secretary
- Provide support to the high school principal and assistance to building staff as needed and as directed by the principal.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure that the Principal’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Provide oversight and support for High School engagement efforts, recognition programs, and administrative-level correspondence; these must align with the mission and adopted strategies of the Orono Public Schools, and are often time-sensitive.
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues throughout the school system to exchange or convey information.
- Assist the Principal in preparing and disseminating communications in a variety of formats, including web, social media, email, mass mailings, press-releases, and emergency communications
- Manage a variety of special projects for the Principal as assigned or designated.
- Facilitate the daily operation of the office.
- Assist students, parents, visitors, and vendors who come into the office, in obtaining necessary information.
- Review and respond to emails, voice mail, phone messages, and written correspondence.
- Maintain automated substitute system, prepare timecards, provide instructions. Call for substitutes as needed.
- Work with Associate Principal regarding student graduation (communicate with vendors regarding orders, custodians regarding facilities, and faculty regarding ceremonies).
- Schedule repairs, order supplies, report meter readings, monitor fax, and manage in-coming and out-going mail.
- Enter purchase orders and code invoices to be paid by accounts payable.
- Use ‘fines’ databases to collect/record fines, and makes deposits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required. Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Previous work in a school office setting preferred.
- Previous work as an administrative assistant preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of data privacy rules and statutes and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new programs required.
- Dedication to providing the highest level of customer service to the school community.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and openness to change, unconditionally required.
- Ability to initiate tasks based on situational needs required
- Willingness to participate in ongoing development and dedication to continuous professional growth.
- Ability to problem solve and diffuse difficult situations and respond in crisis situations.
- Must develop and demonstrate a commitment to advancing the District mission and goals through careful attention to the key themes of Academics, Character, and Relationships.
- Previous experiences with Synergy data management system and State Discipline Reporting preferred.